Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Emile Munier paintings

Emile Munier paintings
Edwin Lord Weeks paintings
I have not the heart to interrupt your breakfast any further, and yet I am dying to know how you got it and where it was."
Sherlock Holmes swallowed a cup of coffee and turned his attention to the ham and eggs. Then he rose, lit his pipe, and settled himself down into his chair.
"I'll tell you what I did first, and how I came to do it afterwards," said he. "After leaving you at the station I went for a charming walk through some admirable Surrey scenery to a pretty little village called Ripley, where I had my tea at an inn and took the precaution of filling my flask and of putting a paper of sandwiches in my pocket. There I remained until evening, when I set off for Woking again and found myself in the highroad outside Briarbrae just after sunset.
"Well, I waited until the road was clear -- it is never a very frequented one at any time, I fancy -- and then I clambered over the fence into the grounds."
"Surely the gate was open!" ejaculated Phelps.

No comments: