Friday, July 25, 2008

Godward Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder painting

Godward Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder painting
John William Waterhouse Echo and Narcissus painting
Howe, Senator Kennedy, my fellow Americans,Since this campaign began, I have had a very rare privilege: I have traveled to 48 of the 50 states, and in my travels, I've learned what the people of the United States are thinking about. There is one issue that stands out above all the rest, one in which every American is concerned, regardless of what group he may be a member and regardless of where he may live. And that issue very simply stated is this: how can we keep the peace? Keep it without surrender. How can we extend freedom? Extend it without warNow in determining how we deal with this issue, we must find the answer to a very important, but simple question: who threatens the peace? Who threatens

No comments: