Thursday, July 3, 2008

Julien Dupre paintings

Julien Dupre paintings
Julius LeBlanc Stewart paintings
than I'd have of Chinese, allowances might be made. But Emily couldn't see it that way. Women ain't logical. She tried to break Ginger of swearing but she hadn't any better success than she had in trying to make me stop saying `I seen' and `them things.' Seemed as if the more she tried the worse Ginger got, same as me.
"Well, things went on like this, both of us getting raspier, till the climax came. Emily invited our minister and his wife to tea, and another minister and his wife that was visiting them. I'd promised to put Ginger away in some safe place where nobody would hear him. . .Emily wouldn't touch his cage with a ten-foot pole . . . and I meant to do it, for I didn't want the ministers to hear anything unpleasant in my house. But it slipped my mind. . .Emily was worrying me so much about clean collars and grammar that it wasn't any wonder. . .and I never thought of that poor parrot till we sat down to tea. Just as minister number one was in the very middle of saying grace, Ginger, who was on the veranda outside the dining room window, lifted up his voice

No comments: