Friday, July 4, 2008

Lord Frederick Leighton Leighton Idyll painting

Lord Frederick Leighton Leighton Idyll painting
Steve Hanks Comfort in Solitude painting
Exaggeration is merely a flight of poetic fancy. I understand that wealthy folk have tried to buy the lot time and again -- it's really worth a small fortune now, you know -- but `Patty' won't sell upon any consideration. And there's an apple orchard behind the house in place of a back yard -- you'll see it when we get a little past -- a real apple orchard on Spofford Avenue!"
"I'm going to dream about `Patty's Place' tonight," said Anne. "Why, I feel as if I belonged to it. I wonder if, by any chance, we'll ever see the inside of it."
"It isn't likely," said Priscilla.
Anne smiled mysteriously.
"No, it isn't likely. But I believe it will happen. I have a queer, creepy, crawly feeling -- you can call it a presentiment, if you like -- that `Patty's Place' and I are going to be better acquainted yet."

No comments: