Friday, July 18, 2008

Vincent van Gogh Cafe Terrace at Night painting

Vincent van Gogh Cafe Terrace at Night painting
Eduard Manet Two Roses On A Tablecloth painting
Early that morning, a group of Colombian guerrillas stormed into Weber's camp, looking for Americans to kidnap. What followed was the worst day of Weber's life. "I get up and answer the door," he says. "And when I do, there's a fellow standing there in a camouflage uniform holding a gun, looking at me, asking me, 'Are you American?'" Between 15 and 20 armed bandits forced everyone in the camp to stand in an execution-style lineup. "I thought, 'They're going to make [us] an example, they're going to kill us,'" he recalls. The kidnappers ordered Weber and others to pack some clothes and get into the back of a truck. They drove to a nearby camp, where other hostages were also being held at gunpoint.

No comments: