Sunday, August 24, 2008

Edvard Munch Puberty 1894 painting

Edvard Munch Puberty 1894 paintingEdvard Munch Madonna paintingAlbert Moore silver painting
Anastasia in her embarrassment had touched her brow to my arm (Stoker having sprung out from between us to illustrate the dance he had in mind), and thinking to assure her that her husband's talk did not distress me, innocently I patted her behind, as was my wont when any lady of the herd needed calming. She looked up at me with quick wonder, also squeezed my arm uncertainly, and Stoker broke off his raillery to shout with laughter.
"Olé!"some others called.
"Stop!" Max commanded, stamping his feet.
"No no, Maxie, he just started! Watch he doesn't eat your hair-pins, Stacey; they eat anything, you know. Not like your gorilla-friend. . ."
"I don't listen!" Max cried, and covered his ears once more. To me he said desperately, "Pat her on the head, you got to pat her! It's different with human girls!" Then to Stoker, more determinedly: "I'm not her father, Stoker, much as I wish I was. But neither she nor Georgie's going with you. You got to kill me first."
Anastasia made a flutter of protest; Stoker laughed delightedly

No comments: