Monday, August 18, 2008

Pierre Auguste Renoir After The Bath painting

Pierre Auguste Renoir After The Bath paintingPierre Auguste Renoir After The Bath 1888 paintingJohn William Waterhouse Odysseus and the Sirens painting
HERE is Edward Bear, coming downstairs now, bump, bump, bump, on the back of his head, behind Christopher Robin. It is, as far as he knows, the only way of coming downstairs, but sometimes he feels that there really is another way, if only he could stop bumpThen you can't call him Winnie?" "I don't." "But you said--" "He's Winnie-ther-Pooh. Don't you know what 'ther' means?" "Ah, yes, now I do," I said quickly; and I hope you do too, because it is all the explanation you are going to get. Sometimes of some sort when he comes downstairs, and sometimes he likes to sit quietly in front of the fire and listen to a story. This evening-- "What about a story?" said Christopher Robin. "What about a story?" I said. "Could you very sweetly tell Winnie-the-Pooh one?" "I suppose I could," I said. "What sort of stories does he like?" "About himself. Because he's that sort of Bear." "Oh, I see." "So could you very sweetly?" "I'll try," I said. ing for a moment and think of it. And then he feels that perhaps there isn't. Anyhow, here he is at the bottom, and ready to be introduced to you. Winnie-the-Pooh. When I first heard his name, I said, just as you are going to say, "But I thought he was a boy?" "So did I," said Christopher Robin

No comments: