Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thomas Kinkade Stairway to Paradise painting

Thomas Kinkade Stairway to Paradise paintingThomas Kinkade Spirit of Christmas paintingThomas Kinkade San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf painting
that I was of their fraternity; were frankly envious, in fact, of my garment, stick, and bagful of tokens; and while their position, as I understood it, struck me as something wanting in consistency, they were clearly earnest, and I was grateful for their goodwill. However, there was no clarity between us. They knew who I was, but would not accept it that I had truly only one name, for example, and was literally half goat by training. "We dig those symbols," they assured me. And when I confessed that I couldn't make out their argot, they thanked me for reminding them that the Answer lay in wordless Being rather than in verbal formulas. Yet their own inclination was plainly towards the latter.
"How do you go about doingyour Assignments?" I asked them. "Mine saysComplete at once . . ." Some ely practical advice was what I sought, as one undergraduate to another; but they responded with disputation as passionate and abstruse as if I'd posed Dean Taliped's riddle.

No comments: