Monday, October 6, 2008

Claude Monet The Waterloo Bridge The Fog painting

Claude Monet The Waterloo Bridge The Fog paintingClaude Monet The Tuileries paintingClaude Monet The Seine at Rouen I painting
hand to his forehead; I thought he had felt the touch of the chrism and was wiping it away. ‘O God,’ I prayed, ‘don’t let him do that.’ But there was no need for fear; the hand moved slowly down his breast, then to his shoulder, and Lord Marchmain made the sign of the cross. Then I knew that the sign I had asked for was not a little thing, not a passing nod of recognition, and a phrase came back to me from my childhood of the veil of the temple being rent from top to bottom.
It was over; we stood up; the nurse went back to the oxygen cylinder; the doctor bent over his patient. Julia whispered to me: ‘Will you see Father Mackay out? I’m staying here for a little.’
Outside the door Father Mackay became the simple, genial man I had known before. ‘Well, now, and that was a beautiful thing to me

No comments: