Thursday, October 23, 2008

Pablo Picasso The Pipes of Pan painting

Pablo Picasso The Pipes of Pan paintingPablo Picasso Studio with Plaster Head paintingPablo Picasso Les Demoiselles dAvignon painting
Livia in a sedan-chair and Tiberius on a cob in the main street of Naples, Tiberius had just landed from Capri and Livia was returning from a visit to Herculaneum. Tiberius wanted to ride past without a greeting but force of habit made him rein up and salute her with formal enquiries after her \. She said: "I'm all the better for your kind enquiries, my boy. And as a mother my advice to you is: be very careful of the barbel you eat on your island. Some of the ones they catch there are highly poisonous."
"Thank you. Mother," he said. "As the warning comes from you I shall in future stick religiously to tunny and mullet."
Livia snorted and turning to Caligula, who was with her, said in a loud voice: "Well, as I was saying, my husband (your great-grandfather, my dear) and I came hurrying along this street one dark night sixty-five years ago, wasn't it, on our way to the docks where our ship was secretly waiting. We were expecting any moment to be arrested and killed by Augustus's men-how strange it seems! My elder boy-we had had only one child so far- was

No comments: