Friday, November 28, 2008

Volegov Seaside Sonnet

Volegov Seaside SonnetCello SonatinaThe StudySummer Symphony
after all I believe your plan is probably the best.’‘Well, I’ve made up my mind, anyway. I want to see mountains again, Gandalf, mountains, and then find somewhere where I can rest. In peace and quiet, without a lot of relatives prying around, and a string of confounded visitors hanging on the bell. I might find somewhere where I can finish my book. I have thought of a nice ending for it: and he lived happily ever after to the end of his days. ‘Gandalf laughed. I hope he will. But nobody will read the book, however it ends.’‘Oh, they may, in years to come. Frodo has read some already, as far as it has gone. You’ll keep an eye on Frodo, won’t now.’‘Everything?’ said Gandalf. ‘The ring as well? You agreed to that, you remember.’‘Well, er, yes, I suppose so,’ stammered Bilbo.‘Where is it?’‘In an envelope, if you must know,’ said Bilbo impatiently. ‘There on the mantelpiece. Well, no! Here it is in my pocket!’ He hesitated. ‘Isn’t that odd now?’ he said softly to himself. ‘Yet after all, why not? Why shouldn’t it stay there?’Gandalf looked again very hard at Bilbo, and there was a gleam in his eyes. ‘I thinkyou?’‘Yes, I will - two eyes, as often as I can spare them.’‘He would come with me, of course, if I asked him. In fact he offered to once, just before the party. But he does not really want to, yet. I want to see the wild country again before I die, and the Mountains; but he is still in love with the Shire, with woods and fields and little rivers. He ought to be comfortable here. I am leaving everything to him, of course, except a few oddments. I hope he will be happy, when he gets used to being on his own. It’s time he was his own master

No comments: