Thursday, April 2, 2009

Edward Hopper People In The Sun

Edward Hopper People In The SunFrederic Edwin Church The IcebergsFrederic Edwin Church Twilight in the Wilderness
since I lost my dad.’
For a moment Bill Door wondered if she’d lost the late Mr Flitworth in the parlour. Perhaps he’d taken a wrong turning among the ornaments. Then he recalled the funny little ways humans put things.
AH.
‘He used archly. ‘Not by name. Not as Bill Door.’
I DON’T THINK HE WOULD HAVE MENTIONED ME, said Bill Door slowly. ‘It’s all right,’ said Miss Flitworth.’I know all about it. Dad used to do a bit of smuggling, too. Well, this isn’t a big farm. It’s not what you’d call a living.
He always said a body has to do what it can. I expect you were in his line of
to sit in that very chair, reading the almanac.’Bill Door searched his memory.A TALL MAN, he ventured. WITH A MOUSTACHE? MISSING THE TIP OF THE LITTLE FINGER ON HIS LEFT HAND?Miss Flitworth stared at him over the top of her cup.‘You knew him?’ she said.I THINK I MET HIM ONCE.‘He never mentioned you,’ said Miss FIitworth

No comments: