Monday, April 13, 2009

John Constable Salisbury Cathedral

John Constable Salisbury CathedralJohn Constable Salisbury Cathedral from the MeadowsJohn Constable Hadleigh Castle
already had a lot of practice.
"You know I traveled a lot when I was much younger?" he said.
"I have often heard you talk most interestingly of your travels in heathen lands," said Drunah politely. "Often bells are to fish. On strange planks of wood. And when they wish to return to shore, they wait for a wave, and then . . . they stand up, on the wave, and it carries them all the way to the beach."
"I like the story about the young swimming women best," said Drunah.
"Sometimes there are very big waves," said Fri'it,
ignoring him. "Nothing would stop them. But if you ride them, you do not drown. This is something I learned."
Drunah caught the glint in his eye.mentioned.""Did I ever tell you about the Brown Islands?""Out beyond the end of the world," said Drunah. "I remember. Where bread grows on trees and young women find little white balls in oysters. They dive for them, you said, while wearing not a stitc-”"Something else I remember," said Fri'it. It was a lonely memory, out here with nothing but scrubland under a purple sky. "The sea is strong there. There are big waves, much bigger than the ones in the Circle Sea, you understand, and the men paddle out beyond them

No comments: