Saturday, October 4, 2008

Lord Frederick Leighton Nude on the Beach painting

Lord Frederick Leighton Nude on the Beach paintingLord Frederick Leighton Leighton Idyll paintingLord Frederick Leighton The Painter's Honeymoon painting
triumphs with obdurate catechumens. After the third interview he came to tea with Lady Marchmain.
‘Well, how do you find my future son-in-law?’
‘He’s the most difficult convert I have ever met.’
‘Oh dear, I thought he was going to make it so easy.’
‘That’s exactly it. I can’t get anywhere near him. He doesn’t seem to have the least intellectual curiosity or natural piety.
‘The first day I wanted to find out what sort of religious life he had till now, so I asked him what he meant by prayer. He said: “I don’t mean anything. You tell me.” I tried to, in a few words, and he said: “Right. So much for prayer; What’s the next thing?” I gave him the catechism to take away. Yesterday I asked him whether Our Lord had more than one nature. He said: “Just as many as you say, Father.” ‘Then again I asked him: “Supposing the Pope

No comments: